These magnetic fields were made using the same technique as the solenoid picture.
old version: calculated in Mathematica 4.2, rendered in TrueSpace 4.3, 3/9/03
- Levitron – magnetic levitating top
- Molecular Magnetism – magnetic levitation of a frog in a Bitter solenoid
- Gravitator – magnetic levitating sphere
- Geodynamo Lab – I recently had the opportunity to tour this lab at the University of Maryland
- Electromagnetic Field in Microwave Oven – interesting discussion by Wenjun Deng (my roommate)